The crew responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of your $multi-million asset are a team. A team that also must support your company’s ambitions, ethos and culture.
Teams are relatively stable at shore but crew are working contract base which creates a great challenge.
Therefore selecting the best candidate that meets your expectations and fits your culture has vital importance.
With our assessment modules you can assess the core technical and soft skills, of a prospective crew member before they join your company which also helps to assign them to the right team.
There are three aspects of training:
1. Orientation Training including company, SMS and pre-joining training.
2. Digital Interactive Training to improve safety, environment, health, operational, competencies...
3. Personal enhancement training to sustain existing crew’s overall wellbeing and create next generation maritime leaders.
Our digital maritime platform offers those solutions both online and offline available on pc, tablet and mobile devices.
Global crisis, pandemic, digitization and decarbonization makes sea life harder than ever and requires new skill sets beyond technical ones.
Besides this the number people selecting seafaring career is decreasing. Especially new generations seek contribution & purpose aspect for their careers within the shipping industry.
ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) framework are also expecting from companies to build a culture that will attract and retain crew to sustain and improve safety and operational excellence.
As Maritime Trainer we do understand the needs of the shipping companies and assist them to shift to the desired culture to attract more seafarers and retain them.
We also embody seafarers to reach the agility of the new age by improving their skills on;
• Humanitarian Leadership
• Emotion Management
• Mentoring and Coaching
Maritime Trainer was established in 2011 to provide innovative solutions to the assessment, training and development needs of maritime industries' human resources with a comprehensive online and offline infrastructure. Our founders’ collective experience in maritime, safety and technology, continuous investment in people, technology and infrastructure has enabled us to become a global provider.
With our cost-effective and innovative solution, maritime companies can easily fulfil the HR assessment, training and development needs required by TMSA, STCW, MLC 2006, DryBMS and Sire 2.0. Using this experience acquired from the maritime industry together we are also able to deliver solutions for the oil & gas and offshore industry. Our tailored approach to provide training solutions has a proven track record in driving success for our clients.
Our modular maritime platform holistically caters for assessment, familiarisation, onboarding, training, enhancement and retention of your crew.
There are many stakeholders in that ongoing process from HR, Training, Fleet, Safety, IT and general management.
Consequently from the first contact, we want to understand what success means to your company and each stakeholder so we can create the right platform that meets your needs today yet is adaptable and scalable.
Those needs are both for the company and onshore department heads.
Whilst we serve every type of company operating within the maritime, offshore and shipping industries we have particular expertise in the following:
• Sire 2.0
We do provide a free consultancy service to the shipping companies to analyse their existing requirements and provide the best solution for their specific needs. We also support them continuously during the transition, onboarding and implementation process to make a fast and effective start and sustain it. We do deliver training to all your stakeholders like crewing agents also to implement the system properly.
• We analyse your needs and offer the best solutions, in a modular way.
• You select the best option that meets your expectations.
• We take necessary information from you to create the company specific orientation module.
• Our ex-mariners do prepare specific orientation training and SMS related questions for your approval.
• We deploy the platform with your specific or our subdomain with your company name.
• We get ready the platform and and content upon your approval.
• We do train all stakeholders about the use of the platform.
• We give a link from your web page for crew application module.
• We transfer all the necessary data of the existing crew to our platform and enrol the required assessment and training to them.
• We prepare the offline system including two USBs and you send it to the vessel. If you have a server on your vessels we can also directly embed it the vessels’ server without any USB. We also send a guidance for the vessel admin use.
• The system is ready to use. The new applicants come through the application module, and you just need to be sure that the crew completes necessary assessment and training before joining the vessel and vessel training plan is followed and recorded by the vessels admin.
• If you want us to follow the fleet training plan on behalf of you and prepare a comprehensive report to you, we are also at your service.
Through our technology and expertise, with our partners we help shipping companies on the selection and development of their crew on their fleet and offices in order to increase safety and optimize performance in their daily operations.
We are proud to be a member of...
Before becoming a marine superintendent I was a captain with YMN Tanker and involved in the decision to choose MTR 6 years ago. From our initial analysis, they not only offered the basics to enable TMSA compliance, but solutions to address our entire ship & shore training, competence and development needs. Over the years they have proven to be an effective and proactive partner rather than just a supplier. Always ready to listen to our future development needs & plans and offer ideas on how they can be cost-effectively addressed.
Training is everything. I used MTR at my previous company so when I joined Susesea 3 years ago I convinced the management to use them. My reasons were that they provide everything I need for our training needs now and from what I regularly see, in the future too. From my years of experience, MTR is very helpful and responsive. My last request was handled in just an hour. As training is everything within our company, I'd recommend any training manager, safety manager or ISM to consider them.
We have been a customer of MTR for the past 5 years. Initially chosen because they provided a range of services not available from other providers we considered. All at a competitive price. We retain their services because they provide a total staff assessment, onboarding and training solution. There are always improvements as regulations or in-house requirements alter. But we have found MTR to never be more than a question away from addressing and implementing our training needs
Hydrogen Sulphide Exposure is a colorless, flammable, toxic, and corrosive gas that is heavier than air. It is one of the most critical and dangerous risks on tanker vessels, and…
We have participated in the Izmir Expotech Innovation Exhibition that has been held between 14-17 September. Would like to thank to our visitors for their time and interest in our…
We are delighted to announce that we have opened our office in Dubai, which is highly promising and exciting to conduct business, to expand our services at this region. Feel…
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.